What are the types of exercise to lose weight?
Exercise has been hailed as one of the most effective and safe ways to lose weight, and has always been favored by many women. Exercise not only can exercise the body, it consumes excess body fat, promotes metabolism, achieves the purpose of exercise and weight loss, helps you stay in shape, and makes you feel good.
Weight loss by exercise is mainly divided into three categories: endurance exercise, strength exercise and ball sports.
1. Endurance exercise
Endurance sports suitable for obesity exercise include walking, climbing, jogging, cycling, swimming, etc.
2. Strength exercise
Strength exercise is mainly to strengthen the muscle strength, it is an effective exercise to consume fat, and is suitable for exercise methods adopted by obese people with good physical fitness.
3. Ball game
Obese people with good physical fitness can participate in less intense ball games, and those in weak condition can only take ball games in non-competition form.
What are the benefits of exercise to lose weight?
1. Improve metabolism
Exercise can restore the regulation of metabolism, stimulate the body’s function, consume excess fat, and thus promote fat metabolism.
2. Prevent fat formation
The movement of muscles makes the muscles increase the utilization of free fatty acids and glucose in the blood, making the fat cells shrink and become thinner. On the other hand, excess sugar is consumed and cannot be converted into fat, which reduces the formation of fat.
3. Improve the cardiovascular system
Exercise can improve myocardial metabolism, improve myocardial working ability, strengthen cardiac contraction, improve the ability of obese people to adapt to the physical load of the cardiovascular system, reduce cardiac load, and thus improve the function of the cardiovascular system.
4. Improve lung respiratory function
Exercise increases the strength of the respiratory muscles, increases the range of thoracic activity and vital capacity, improves lung ventilation and ventilation, and accelerates gas exchange, which helps to oxidize more excess fat.
5. Promote gastrointestinal motility
Exercise improves the regulation of abdominal visceral activity, increases gastrointestinal motility and blood circulation, and reduces complications such as abdominal distension, constipation, varicose veins of the lower extremities, hemorrhoids, and lethargy.
6. increase brain vitality
Exercise adjusts the activity of the cerebral cortex, making us more alert and increasing confidence in the fight against obesity.
Best time to exercise to lose weight
Mild exercise is most suitable one hour after a meal. Moderate exercise should be arranged two hours after a meal. High-intensity exercise can be performed three hours after a meal.
Based on this, several optimal time periods can be calculated as below:
Morning session: 3 hours after breakfast and before lunch
Afternoon session: 3 hours after lunch and before dinner
Evening time: 3 hours after dinner
Why shouldn’t you exercise immediately after a meal?
- Increased insulin secretion after meals can inhibit the decomposition of fat, and the source of energy is limited. Because of the low fat breakdown, weight loss exercise should not be carried out during this time period.
- Stimulating the stomach: exercise after eating a meal, will bring mechanical stimulation to the gastrointestinal tract. The intestinal soluble will move around and vibrate and may cause vomiting, stomach cramps and other symptoms.
- Affect the effect of weight loss exercise: the parasympathetic nerve is susceptible to inhibition after meal. The exercise effect will be discounted during this period.
- Blood flow distribution disorder: after eating a meal, the digestive organs need a lot of blood digestion and absorption, when the whole body muscles are in motion, it also needs a lot of blood to participate, so it will take away the blood of the organs, leading to digestive and dysfunction, this kind of disorders affect both the effects of exercise and the body.